Sunday 1 May 2011

Colour mixing - jelly and shaving cream

Paint with shaving cream on cardboard was enjoyed by ALL the children in the preschool room that day.  they mixed primary colour together in groups.

I was so excited that I came up with my own creative idea focused on cooking and colours.  The children love to help make jelly and so do I. I bought three jelly crystal packets in primary colours (red, yellow and blue).  the children took over the jobs of stirring, pouring, and mixing and taking photos too. We made one colour at a time and had six containers ready with the names of the colours on them (red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple).  The children put half of a primary colour in one container and half in two separate containers (ie. red went in the red container as well as the orange and purple containers).  We learnt about mixing colours and identifying colours as well as learning about making jelly.  It was a big success with lots of children eager to participate.  I would recommend for any colour mixing experiences you are planning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment